A good pair of socks can be just as important to the health of your feet as a good pair of shoes. After an exclusive interview with a number of well-known American sock manufacturers by a well-known American fashion magazine, the latest article pointed out that there are three situations, indicating that your socks should be eliminated.
Three situations to replace socks:
1. Lose elasticity. The loss of elasticity of socks will increase the friction with the feet. When walking or exercising, they will not follow the feet. If they sweat, they will feel slippery and easily injured.
2. The heel is thin and has holes. Socks are bound to become thinner over time, which can also cause heel injuries or blistering.
3. Not comfortable to wear. When your feet feel tight, itchy, and have obvious streaks, it means that socks are not suitable.
“Once a sock has holes from wear, it’s time to replace it,” says Cunha. It sounds simple enough, but it’s easy to forget that there’s a hole in the toe or heel…until the lack of support ends up giving you blisters, calluses, or other foot skin damage. Even if your socks aren’t tattered, consider changing them after a year. Sports socks, in particular, can lose cushioning and shape by that time, and they may not look or smell great considering how much sweat the socks absorb when you exercise.
A health editor raved about WIN@TEX’s socks, saying they were her favorite socks to wear. “The plush sole makes these socks the most comfortable I’ve ever worn, but the mesh upper construction keeps them from feeling hot or heavy,” she says.
Don’t look at the small socks, but it is not easy to buy a suitable pair. In this regard, the Chinese WIN@TEX expert group put forward the following suggestions.
Three tips for choosing socks:
1. Choose fewer wool socks. Socks made of this material are not good at absorbing sweat, and it is easy to make the feet wet and cause blisters. And it can be uncomfortable after wearing too much on the feet of people who sweat a lot. Under normal circumstances, it is best to choose cotton socks, but if you go to exercise, it is recommended to buy socks made of corduroy, which has a very good sweat-absorbing effect and is not easy to deform.
2. Fit and size are very important. Socks should fit perfectly and should not be too tight or too loose. Socks that are too small will deform during walking, resulting in bare heels and discomfort. With socks that are too large, the extra fibers can increase friction and damage the skin on your feet.
3. Pay attention to fiber density. When buying socks, you should pay attention to the fiber density of socks. It is not recommended to buy socks that are too loose. In addition, high-quality socks such as split-toe socks and arch girdle socks should also be prepared by everyone. Choosing different socks according to our own needs in different environments can not only ensure our own comfort but also prolong the life of socks.